Google wants it to be like this. All right, SSL fee is not a problem, but when I postpone HTTP to HTTPS, what if I lose ranking?
- Who can give me the guarantee that I will not lose SEO?
I know that WordPress SSL installation is a serious problem. Especially worry about the loss of SEO. Believe it or not I have experienced the anxiety, but I have migrated from HTTP to HTTPS to another site without any SEO loss.
Thus also in line with my experience if you follow these WordPress spell SSL setup, absolutely smoothly / SEO without loss I guarantee you begin using SSL!
- As a result of my long research, I have learned how to make the transition from HTTP to HTTPS seamlessly, I have implemented and now I am also telling you;
What is SSL? What is Http-oriented routing?
When you visit a website and enter any data on this site (membership code – credit card information, etc.), there is a data traffic between your computer and this website.
If you make the connection site is http: // extension, so the SSL certificate does not have it, then it becomes a completely open data entry and data connections it can be viewed by following the links at any one point.
SSL was developed to prevent this security problem (Secure Socket Layer), the connection between your computer and the connected server is an encryption protocol that provides encryption and secure communications.
Example: a university, starbucks or through any open wireless network society (WiFi), and you go on the Internet. Beyond your control multiple computers / devices will be connected to the network and therefore with special software to monitor traffic on the network, the traffic will be able to see all your data.
- Which you enter the website, which you enter information in the form in which this website (user name, password, credit card etc. Data), in short, you have all kinds of data exchange will be fully traceable.
- SSL is used when you enter the website, you just information over a network connection to your viewers will see the encrypted data will be protected.
If the technical details of the work are simple,
When you enter a website that uses SSL (https: // instead of http: // at the beginning of the site URL in the address bar), the server will send the certificate information with your public key, ie the public key, instead of sending the data explicitly,
And your browser will check this certificate momentarily to check if it comes from a trusted certificate authority. If it is a trusted certificate, your browser generates a random password and encrypts this public key with this random password and sends it to the server.
The server also decrypts this password with its private key and obtains the random password that your browser generates. At this stage, after all data exchange takes place encrypted with a random password.
This subheading Beautiful Hosting founder written by Jihan Nims. Moreover, in order to use SSL Hosting Fine website, which offers services in all Linux (Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, dedicated servers) Let’s encrypt the SSL certificate signed by the offers to its customers free of charge.
SSL Certificate for WordPress SSL Setup Where to Buy
Note: If your site is not to make WordPress SSL setup on a static ip static ip for your site, you have to take before you get an SSL certificate. SSL does not work without a static string. So first you have to get a static rope and then you need to get an SSL certificate and install it.
SSL certificates Comodo , RapidSSL , Geotrust , Trustwave is provided by many companies worldwide, including serving.
In fact, companies such as comodo, rapidssl, and trustwave are selling firsthand, while hosting companies are in the position of being the ones that market their products.
However, these companies are selling 1 hand although the SSL certificate companies, though, despite that means you also go to the site hosting companies will see that you examine the price cheaper than buying these products.
Thus you can get the SSL certificate is the most appropriate place in the vehicle’s location, hosting companies will be.
Although an SSL certificate even if there is the necessity of taking the bar that your site hosting companies, I would still recommend that you purchase from your site hosting companies that bar.
A standard SSL certificate will suffice for your site. Of course, be absolutely sure that it is also mobile compatible. Make the purchase through the company and ask them to install SSL. (Also, many companies sell SSL services, guarantee server side and instant / instant setup.)
Have the installation done and ask them to let you know when the installation is over. After installation, come back to this post and continue from here to install WordPress SSL.
Why should you switch from Http to Https?
- In February 2017 he moved to start google chrome version 56. Of course, the most talked-about and controversial part of this version was the way it appeared between SSL-enabled sites and non-SSL sites.
That said, if I slightly open, with this version of your WordPress membership system or any page encrypted WordPress , if any (which is called wp-admin panel input is also included, so any page that the short data entry) entering the work that page visitors chrome browser is no longer safe he gives notice to this page. Just like this;
WordPress SSL Setup – Why You Should Route From Http to Https
- In fact, this update can only say that a fragment of chrome 56. An update that tries to persuade sites slowly with a slight twist to switch from HTTP to HTTPS.
The last stage, the latest update of Chrome, is going to be the latest update on this issue, as if there were any data entry / password screens on the page, all plain pages would be tagged as insecure and the warning would not be as simple as it is now. The direct address will be tagged with a full-screen warning of the entire visit.
WordPress SSL Setup – Why Migrate From Http to Https
Therefore now want to switch from HTTP to HTTPS, as well as postpone it if you want it, you’ll have to do at the end of the transition from HTTP to HTTPS.
Unfortunately, the capitalist world order …
2- Of course, google site owners to bring in financial terms and in such a necessity that it also aware of concerns in terms of SEO, to switch from HTTP to HTTPS sites for the case to be made towards a 301 yölendir
- There will be no loss of ranking
- and even small even though, ranking will be provided an advantage in reported officially.
3- Another advantage to redirect from HTTP to HTTPS previously https: // of referral traffic http extension site from the extension sites of the Google Analytics data invisible, (because it is encrypted) and will be visible after switching.
- WordPress Pre-Transition Alerts from Http to Https
- Be sure to get your site backup from WordPress HTTP to HTTPS. (See: WordPress site how to get replacement )
- If you like iThemes a security plug-in you are using, make sure the file permission in writing open plug-in settings. Likewise, the add-on 301 will forward the .htaccess file from the http to redirect to HTTPS.
- To add iThemes Security Admin Panel >> Security >> Security Settings >> System >> File Tweaks Writing Permissions settings need to be ineffective.
- WordPress before making SSL setup if any cache plugin installed on your site, first neutralize all the cache settings, and then also to neutralize your cache plugin. (Activate again after installation.)
- Number of social media sharing all of your site from HTTP to HTTPS After switching to WordPress will be reset. Unfortunately there is no precautions to be taken because the URL structure will change. It’s also good to know that.
If you do not have a static IP address and you receive your SSL certificate along with static ip, the transition process than http to https in absolute hours at night, during the hours when the structure was the least of your traffic density.
Because you are switching from static IP to static IP when you are redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS, the IP address of your site will change, so you have already logged in to your site and your site is registered on your computer with IP cookie. They will not be able to access it for as long as they do not delete their DNS history and browser history for 1 day.
- Having changed the IP, ie immediately after the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS if it is a potential first-time entry to your site visitors will be able to connect directly to your site because your site is any cookie on his computer. So there will be no downtime for the new mover.
Also, first read the entire article and then go back and go step by step to install WordPress SSL.
Really Simple SSL Facility with WordPress Http Routing from Http
- First your WordPress site Really Simple SSL perform the plug-in installation (See Attachment How to install ) and make etklenti active.
As in the immediately following photos to your face does not enable an automatic
2- Activate the plugin warning box will appear. First Go ahead, activate SSL! Click on the button to perform SSL activation.
3- Then the Admin Panel, go to Settings >> >> >> SSL Settings tab and do as pictured located immediately below the settings plug.
By doing this;
4- https WordPress settings, starting with all the links within the site located at http redirect https version of your site we have.
5- At this point, HTTP, HTTPS redirection has been done properly? We will check for any WordPress SSL issue or WordPress SSL error.
- If you go above your site’s front face Green – now you see at your permanent address in a way I https://siteadresiniz.co Secure phrases, WordPress migration process from HTTP to HTTPS means that have taken place smoothly. (The picture below is on the left)
- However, if the above green when you go onto the front of your site – seeing before the Safe phrase and then within seconds it disappears safe fonts and just back https: //, the phrase remains (as it is on the right in the picture above) then it means you are faced with a WordPress SSL problem.
Potential WordPress SSL Issues / Errors and Solutions
WordPress can be the cause of SSL failure for two reasons. Firstly, WordPress SSL installation is not done correctly by your hosting company or there is a software error, WordPress error.
You can see that your host company is doing WordPress SSL setup correctly;
- First, open a notepad and write your computer into the test-1234, save it as test.html the notebook. Then connect to the site server with FTP and upload the file to the main directory where your site is installed.
2- Or by connecting to your site again via the cPanel file manager is installed as part of the home directory (usually under public_html) say, create a file, the file name and tests on the contents of the test.html.
Then if you go to the left side of your site address https://siteniz.com/test.html address Green – Secure see the phrase in a fixed manner, that phrase does not go away safe,
When host-way SSL setup has been carried out correctly, problems in the software you use, that WordPress is.
The problem with WordPress is the following;
The URLs you link to https are still in the form of http: // with the old URLs in your links. Therefore, the link structure of all intra-site links within your site should be structured as https: //.
Whether the problem exists on your site is as follows. Go to your homepage and right click on any in-site link and click on examine.
- Offered within the site’s source code linking URL structure is http: // starts with, then there is also the problem in the first.
So what are we gonna fix thousands of links individually?
Of course not. There is also a shortcut to this;
1- First, Better Search Replace install it on your WordPress site and activate the plugin. (See: How to install Add-ons ) and then go to the Admin Panel >> Tools >> Better Search Replace tab.
Search For part 2: http://yoursite.co I write (what if your site address him / https’siz state)
3- Replace with the section: https:// yoursite.co I write (your URL structure extension New SSL)
4- click with the mouse on the part of the Select Tables, and select them all by pressing CTRL + A.
5- Case Insensitive Replace GUIDs and marking options!
6- Run as dry run? Tick the option! (When this option is checked, no changes are made to your database, only potential changes are shown to you.)
7- Then Run Search / Replace button press. Since we ticked the run as dry run option, the plugin will report to you how many tabloda http:// yoursite.co is found in your database and how many of them will change.
(So the add-on does not make any changes, just report what changes will be made to you.)
8- Having seen this report, again building up after making sure all the settings involved will make the correct changes to plug-in (as in the picture below) and this time without selecting the Run as dry run option !!! Run Search / Replace, click the button.
And that’s it. Now all site links in your site with http: // extensions have changed to https: //. When therefore also check any URL of your home page or your website Green – Safe phrases constantly https: you will see that take place before // yoursite.co.
What To Do After WordPress SSL Setup
Add a Https-extended Property via Search Console and Submit a Sitemap
The first thing you need to do after switching from HTTP to HTTPS is to log into google webmaster (new search console), add your https site address as a property, and also submit your https site map.
- After opening the blog should be done first , I figured out how to spell at step 16. Search Console how the site will be added and added to the google map will be sent via those sites.
When performing this insertion process, the minus point with your URL structure you need to pay attention (as I http:// yoursite.co) readily to delete your previously recorded sites.
So Google Webmaster Tools to go, saying the site without deleting your property Add your site is registered to https: // extensions must add as a new version of the site and https: //, you must also add this site to your site map extension.
If you need to do a statistical data loss immediately after the WordPress SSL installation, you need to replace your site address with http extension registered with Google Analttics with the new https address.
This process primarily for google anlaytics go to the address, log in and click on the left in the lower part of the Admin tab.
Click on Property Settings under Property to be opened in the right tab and then change the Default URL structure in the Property Settings section to the right of it and change it to https: // and the process is complete.
Other Corrections Required
- If you already have google adwords, facebook, yandex or bing etc. If you have ads on it, it’s a good idea to update the URLs of your ads with your new https: // extension.
- Make sure your robots.txt file is also accessible via your new https: // URL.
- If you are using Disquss as a WordPress comment plugin, you should move your Disquss comments to your https: // address.